If you are an ecommerce seller then you must be aware of Amazon’s immense potential for generating high sales. However, finding the right products can make or break your success on this platform.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore proven methods for conducting effective Amazon product research to maximize your chances of success. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced Amazon seller, this article will provide valuable insights into choosing the right product.
Understanding Amazon Product Research:
Amazon product research is the process of identifying profitable products with high demand that have the potential to sell well on the platform. It involves thorough market analysis to avoid selling products that may be difficult to market or generate sales.
There is no doubt that choosing the right products can be challenging, but it is a crucial step toward achieving success.
Methods of Amazon Product Research:
As you have understood Amazon product research importance then let us dig deep into the methods of Amazon product research
Manual Amazon Product Research:
Check the Amazon Best Sellers list. This is a great way to see what products are currently selling well on Amazon. You can find the Best Sellers list by going to Amazon.com and clicking on the “Best Sellers” tab.
Analyze related products, sponsored products, “Customers also bought,” and “Frequently bought together” sections for potential product ideas.
Use Google Trends. Google Trends can help you to track the popularity of different products over time. This can be helpful in identifying products that are on the rise.
Read product reviews. Reading product reviews can give you a good idea of what customers think about a particular product. This can help you to avoid selling products that have a lot of negative reviews.
Use social media. Social media can be a great way to get ideas for products to sell. Follow hashtags related to your niche and see what products people are talking about.
Do your own research. Don’t just rely on the information that you can find on Amazon. Do your own research to make sure that there is a demand for the product and that you can source it at a competitive price.
Analyze your competitors. Once you have found a few products that you are interested in, take a look at your competitors. What are they doing to sell their products? How are they pricing their products? What are their reviews like?
Hiring Amazon Product Research Services:
Consider hiring reputable product research service companies or freelancers to save time and benefit from their expertise.
Platforms like Fiverr can help you find experienced professionals in Amazon product research.
We also product product research services to our clients. Contact us and we will do the research for you.
Utilizing Amazon Product Research Software:
Several software programs, such as Helium 10, Jungle Scout, AMZScout, SellerApp, ZonGuru, and AmazeOwl, offer valuable features for market analysis, competitor tracking, keyword research, and more.
These tools provide insights into product trends, pricing details, and demand, enabling you to choose profitable products.
Amazon Product Research Checklist:
To ensure effective product research, consider the following checklist,
– Focus on products in the $10 to $50 price range.
– Look for products with at least ten daily sales and a primary category best seller rank of 5,000 or lower.
– Identify products with over 50,000 monthly searches or related keywords.
– Choose products that have year-round demand instead of trending items.
– Opt for compact and lightweight items (under 2 to 3 pounds).
– Avoid delicate products prone to damage during shipping.
– Consider products that allow for brand growth through connected items.
– Ensure there are no legal issues or trademark restrictions associated with the product.
– Look for products that can be priced at least 25% below their retail price.
– Identify opportunities for improving existing listings and optimizing products.
– Research product-related keywords and ensure quick and simple product sourcing.
– Ensure your chosen product doesn’t fall under any restricted categories.
What Not to Do in Amazon Product Research:
– Avoid selecting a very small niche with low search volume and intense competition.
– Steer clear of niches that are overly popular and already saturated with competitors.
– Refrain from setting very low prices that may lead to profit loss and attract bargain shoppers.
– Don’t overlook calculating profit margins to make informed pricing and product selection decisions.
Amazon product research is a critical step in building a successful ecommerce business. By following the outlined methods above, conducting thorough research, and using the right tools, you can identify profitable products, increase your chances of success, and maximize your profits on Amazon.
Remember, choosing the right products based on accurate data and market analysis is key to achieving long-term success in the competitive Amazon marketplace.